Class Reunions provide a wonderful opportunity to relive the college experience, catch up with classmates, make new friends, participate in academically exciting opportunities and make special gifts to Brandeis. Reunion is FUN!
The tradition of Reunion giving at Brandeis
It is a longstanding Brandeis tradition that alumni make special gifts to Brandeis in recognition of their Reunion. Leaders from each Reunion class work to establish goals for dollars raised and alumni participation. All gifts that are made by class members between July 1 and June 30 are included in the class gift totals that are announced at Reunion weekend.
Reunion Giving in relation to the Brandeis Fund
Gifts to all funds (including the Brandeis Fund) that are made during the Reunion year count toward the Class Reunion total. You may make your Reunion gift online now. For more information, contact the Brandeis Fund at (email@example.com or 800-333-1948).
Class Reunion Committee
The Class Reunion Committee was created to replace the separate Program and Gift committees of the past. This new committee structure was established as a response to alumni requests to create increased synergy and enthusiasm among classmates. The single Reunion Committee also assures that more members of each class are part of Reunion planning, programming and events, as well as fundraising goals, objectives and progress. This combined Class Reunion Committee is designed to reinforce the traditional mission of what were previously two separate committees.
Class Reunion Committee chairs provide leadership and vision for this special milestone event by working closely with Brandeis staff to oversee the planning and fundraising efforts associated with their Reunion weekend.
The expectations of the Class Reunion Committee break down into the following functions:
- Recruit classmates to attend Reunion
- Communicate information to classmates
- Educate classmates about the importance of unrestricted support to the Brandeis Brandeis Fund
- Select classmates to solicit
- Solicit assigned classmates in a timely manner and report results promptly
- Generate class program ideas
- Coordinate your class Reunion yearbook
- Join in conference calls with your Class Reunion chair and Reunion staff
- Provide updates to staff about fellow alumni changes of address, telephone numbers, email, career and family information